NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (Sept. 15, 2021)–On evening of Sept. 9th, Macken Companies was pleased to support its neighbor, the Ancient Spanish Monastery Foundation, as they welcomed city officials, business leaders and the community to their annual “Artists in the Cloisters” event. Proceeds from the event went towards assisting the Foundation in furthering its mission to consistently maintain one of South Florida’s most precious jewels.
The Ancient Spanish Monastery, located at 16711 West Dixie Highway in North Miami Beach, is a stunning 12th century historic landmark, encompassing both Romanesque and pre-Gothic architecture. It is the oldest building in the Western Hemisphere.
The reception featured a cellist, Spanish guitarist and a violinist, artists displaying and selling extraordinary works of art, and a vibrational sound healing bath.
Macken Companies served as a Gold Sponsor of this event. For more information on the Ancient Spanish Monastery, please visit https://www.spanishmonastery.com.
About Macken Companies
Macken Companies is a vertically integrated firm with real estate investment, development, construction, financing and brokerage entities. Over the course of more than 30 years, Macken Companies has been instrumental in the repositioning and revitalization of neighborhoods throughout South Florida. The name Macken has become synonymous with visionary planning and development, superior construction, and record-breaking sales and marketing. As a fully integrated firm, Macken Companies’ affiliate entities—VCM Builders and Macken Realty—work in tandem to offer clients complete residential and commercial real estate solutions. Regardless of the size and scope of the endeavor, Macken Companies approaches every opportunity with equal passion, diligence and accountability. As a result, Macken Companies is highly regarded throughout the state for its reputation and integrity. For more information, call (844) 4-MACKEN or visit www.mackencompanies.com.
About the Ancient Spanish Monastery
Originally constructed in 1133 AD as the Monastery of St. Bernard de Clairvaux in northern Spain, Cistercian monks occupied the Monastery for nearly 700 years. In 1925, William Randolph Hearst purchased the Cloisters and the Monastery’s outbuildings and had them dismantled stone by stone, bound with protective hay, packed in more than 11,000 wooden crates and shipped to the United States, where the massive crates remained in a New York warehouse. One year after Hearst’s death in 1952, two entrepreneurs purchased the entirety for use as a tourist attraction. It took 19 months and the equivalent of nearly $20 million dollars in today’s currency to put the Monastery back together. Time Magazine called it “the biggest jigsaw puzzle in history.” In 1964, Col. Robert Pentland, Jr. purchased the Cloisters and presented them to the Bishop of Florida, and today the parish Church of St. Bernard de Clairvaux is part of the Episcopal Diocese of Southeast Florida where services are held in both English and Spanish.